Sunday, 25 March 2007

Goal setting

I am currently doing a Leadership course and it has a particular focus on setting goals. These should be goals that are a "stretch", but can still be realised. The instructor thinks that New Year's resolutions are not really goals, because 99% of people never really achieve them. Especially considering that most people set the same goal year after year. I know I do. Anyway, it got me thinking about resolutions and in particular it got me thinking about a blog I was reading in the first week of January. My main thought at the end of reading this was - geez my life isn't so bad after all... Let's see what you reckon:

Dear 2007,

You belong to me! Your arse is grass. I am going to kick some arse and end this year smaller than when I started. I am ready to tackle you like Sigourney Weaver in Alien so "back off bitch". I am going to make it to my goal in the next 365 days, so you had better be ready. 2007 is my year! By the end of 2007 I will:

- Not have thighs that rub together when I walk
- Not have a belly that hangs over my twat
- Not get out of breath when I do menial shit
- Not have DD sized boobs
- Not have double chins
- I will get bikini waxes
- I will tuck my shirts in
- I will not sweat like a wart hog because my fat is an internal heater
- I will go on a roller coaster without the fear that they might say "Excuse me Miss - what do you weigh? This only goes up to 150kg"
- I will be a two digit weight
- I will learn self control and will power
- I will dance on tables in nightclubs without having to ask if the steel is reinforced
- I will be able to walk into Dotti without staff looking at me like I don't belong there

Personally, I have never been into a Dotti store and if I was this chick, I wouldn't care what those dumb slags on minimum wage thought of me anyway.

Here's my goal for the rest of my life - to never have a belly that hangs over my twat. I can't believe I even wrote that and to this point never realised it could happen. Though wouldn't mind the ginormous boobs.

BTW - Someone could have told me it was daylight savings today! I made a right idiot of myself going shopping this morning wondering why all the shops were shut. Considering I am "Little Miss Organised" I was deeply embarassed. My standards are obviously slipping.