Saturday, 3 March 2007

Frequent flyer

Quietly freaking out. Did 2 big things today that make the trip seem that whole lot closer. I wanted to get a new passport in my married name so I could get all my documents in order and have everything in the one name. Just in case it caused any grief down the track overseas. Anyway, it turns out that you can actually learn useful information from reading blogs. It was here that I learnt that I could get a replacement passport free of charge, as long as it was within 12 months of getting married. So, I looked up the necessary Australian government sites who stated that the passport is issued "gratis" (I'm obviously a bit of a dumbass, I thought this meant free, but had to look up dictionary.com just to make sure...)

So, today I toddled myself off to Australia Post after making my "passport interview" appointment which makes it sound important, which it isn't. The bird behind the counter checked out my application, sighted the relevant documents and all was good. Except for the customary "oh my goooood - is that yooooouuuuu???" as I showed my credit card as one of the items of evidence with my married surname. This is the credit card that has our wedding picture on it. Which half the world has seen, because whenever I have a few drinks it normally does the rounds - "have you seen my Visa card??" Ah, the memories...

So, that was big thing number 1. Getting passport sorted in time to meet 12 month cut off by tight arse government.


Number 2 - WE BOUGHT OUR AIRLINE TICKETS!! Seems very, very real now.
Yikes.