Saturday, 2 June 2007

Having a choice time ay!

If you can't tell by the title, i'm posting this from New Zealand.

We are having a ripper of a time. It's definitely been an experience with the campervan - I would really recommend it. Although, not for more than a week... By then you are probably ready to kill each other. Because the van is so much bigger than our normal car, you have to shout to hear each other, especially over the noise of the engine. So we sound like two old farts in retirement. Wha? Speak up, I can't hear you! We were supposed to turn off back there! Didn't you see the flaming sign?! Ah, bliss!

We have done some awesome things, when I get home I will upload the photos onto flikr. We did the 'liquid zorb' the other day. nb said he had never heard me scream that loud in his life. Awesome. Have done a lot of cruising down the coast and spent last night at Rotorua. I was told that the sulphur hot springs smell bad, but I didn't realise the whole bloody town would stink. Man, it was a smell that could outlast religion. Just think of high school science when you did the rotten egg gas experiment and times it by 1000. Yuck. But, the hot springs and thermal activity was amazing to see.

Tonight we are in Waitomo and doing a lot of caving tomorrow, which should be ace. Then it's all over for another holiday.

Ooh! I almost forgot - we went to the giant kiwifruit as well. Choice ay!

I wonder if I can squeeze in any more holidays between now and the end of August when I finish up at work? I have about 3 weeks annual leave owing so I can't see why not...