skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bad Ass
I got "nicked" this evening. Entirely my fault, making an illegal right hand turn that everyone makes near work. It's almost a right of passage to be booked there. Considering I have been turning there for nearly 2 years and just got booked today, I say that's a fair cop (no pun intended), as they sit there waiting at least once a fortnight.
I played it cool. I know I did the wrong thing. Although I had to stop myself from laughing, as the policeman looked so much like Merrick of Merrick and Rosso, it was hilarious.
Had to psych myself up to tell nerdboy. Eventually went with the following approach:
ng: Would you tell me if you were booked by the cops?
nb: Were you booked? You were, weren't you! [laughs his head off]
ng: [to myself] I am never, ever gonna live this one down.
Seriously though, I should have asked the nice policeman why you can't make right hand turns there, there seems no rhyme or reason to it at all.
Though I must admit, I did wonder what would happen if I didn't pay the fine and left the country...