You probably aren't gonna believe me, but I am typing this looking out the window, which is bright blue without a cloud in the sky. Probably should take a photie.
We are both really sad with the news we got about Grandpa and I haven't posted for a few days because I just don't know what to say.
So, I guess you will just have to put up with my usual mindless fluff.
We are settling in well. Opened up our UK bank accounts and got set up with mobile numbers.
We are finding out funny little things along the way, such as:
- they don't use bread tags over here on loaves of bread. They use that pain in the bum sticky tape stuff. Feel free to donate to the 'We are unemployed Aussies who need bread tags on our bread' charity fund.
- They don't wash their clothes in cold water in the washing machine. They don't sell any kind of laundry powder that you can use for cold water, as it won't dissolve unless you have the water at least 50 degrees. There is an environmental campaign on at the moment to try and get people to wash their clothes in water at about 30 degrees.
- They don't have shop assistants hound you when you are in clothes shops. I am loving that. Though actually, it's probably not a good thing, because I will buy more if they don't hound me.
- They have a lot of pre-prepared and packaged food, especially in the fruit and vegie section. Though we had the best strawberries that we had ever eaten yesterday. They were English ones. We also had a bit of mango in some fruit salad. I wonder if they realise over here that mango is not supposed to be hard as a rock?
- You can't buy much tuna or healthy muesli bars, but if you want mushy peas or hot dogs in a jar, you're covered.