Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Begging and pleading

First things first. Happy 2nd wedding anniversary NB.

Living here is like torture at the moment. Could you guys back home tell the Aussie team to win some gold medals??

The Poms have won more gold medals than they have in the last century and my god are they crowing about it.

Last week, I was asking everyone 'you watching the Olympics?' and getting very little response besides mutterings about China's history of human rights abuses and associated commentary. The print media was pretty much the same.

But now, you can't shut them up! Though admittedly they do seem to only be winning medals in sport where you have to sit down (sailing, rowing, cycling etc).

I even heard this from an English muppet today:

'We are beating you, you barbarians who have auctions in your front gardens to sell your homes'.

What the fuck?

For a start you non-soap using gimp, it's an 'ock-shen', not an 'ork-shen' and it's a front yard, not a front garden. Besides those facts, what the hell has selling homes got to do with this topic in any way, shape or form?

I am begging you Aussies. Win some bloody medals. This crowing is doing my head in. You know how bad they are when they beat us in the Ashes. Can you imagine us ever being able to live this down? I don't care who else in the world beats us - just not the Poms. They are sore winners.

I feel sorry for NB. Working for a sports media company, he is surrounded by plasmas broadcasting the Olympics and listening to everyone cheering for 'Team GB'. Give me strength.